1.12.2011

Snow Days




Do you remember the childhood feeling of rolling out from under warm covers to find SNOW on the ground? Pure delight!

It was like pure, brilliant diamonds gathered in piles around the yard, spilling onto the windowpanes. I imagine my friend and bridal jewelry designer, Tyler A. Sholdt, would say they were FL diamonds, the rarest diamonds that receive the distinctive honor of being labeled as flawless (FL).
Snow days brought a break from school and a tumbling urge to play.

This morning, then, you can imagine how fast my heart raced when I woke up to that same white goodness. I heard it, rather than saw it, actually. I heard the cars screeching outside trying to avoid having to descend Denny across I-5. I heard people yelling in the alley as they slipped and careened downthe sidewalk. Ah, the city. Snow on Denny & Bellevue

does not always have the same quiet effect as snow in the Vermont hills.

However, the snow still provided the unexpected break from my morning agenda, and I found myself giddy at the thought of rolling over, burrowing into my covers, and reading a good book about my soul.


I scoured my bathtub to sparkle like the diamonds, stretched to the tempo of Erykah Badu, and made goodies for friends who will find out the gender of their baby today. A baby who will someday wake up to snow days and make snow angels.


I sat with the mug I got for Christmas that reads "Keep Calm and Carry On," and I knew it was possible.


Snow Days!







No comments:

Post a Comment